What do we need to be able to do?
- Read in data via python
- ... reformat to McIDAS AREA?
- ... navigation handled by McIDAS routines?
- do we only do LALO, then?
- do we need new McIDAS routines for new data types... ever? if we do, what's the point?
- ... calibration handled by McIDAS routines?
- probably not, see the above
- ... send/receive messages handled by McIDAS routines?
- ... is that all?
Other python-to-fortran-hacking stuff
Links / References
- product calibration send back data in 0-255
- search mcidas programmer's documentation for LALO to find the lalo block
- lat, lon, resolution (skip values), index to the top left (modis starts at (2,2))