Transfer the Glance Documentation from the Groups page over to the Wiki associated with this repository.
The documentation is currently at: https://groups.ssec.wisc.edu/groups/goes-r/algorithm-working-group/resources-and-recipes/glance-large-dataset-comparison-tools-1
It needs a lot of revision to capture things that have changed since I was updating the documentation more regularly. It probably also needs some reorganization for brevity and clarity.
This is not a complete list of tasks, just things that I had notes about and didn't want to forget. I will probably add more tasks as I review my notes and transfer the documentation.
- Review and rewrite the installation instructions
- Transfer release notes
- Look over the code that processes the config files and make sure all the options are captured in the documentation
Make more example plots and configuration files for reference
- Examples for plotDiffs in the basic usage section
- At least a handful of example config files to illustrate the config usage
- Document the regex syntax for specifying variables on the command line more clearly
- Change the format of the filters.extract_bit_from_packed_mask parameters to match the new format
Move Advanced functionality sections
- Configuration Files
- Built in Data Filters
- (Colocating Data)
- The Glance RPM building instructions
- Details of how to use the Glance GUI